Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Turn over a new leaf...



By Bobi Kress

A big thank you to Bobi for this splendid tree!

Here are her comments:

'I'm an elementary school (k-6) librarian in Arizona. I've noticed that fewer of our 5th and 6th graders​ are checking out books about this time of year, so I came up with this display to encourage them.

On the leaves of the tree are pictures of books I cut from catalogues. Every book is one we have in the library. On the glass door above the window I used dry erase marker to write "Don't leave the library without a book."

I challenged our 3rd through 6th graders to "turn over a new leaf" by finding a book on the tree that they had not read before and check it out. Circulation has increased and the display even has some teachers coming in to see what the tree is all about!'

No comments: