Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

150 years of Alice in Wonderland 1865 - 2015




By Gabrielle Karsai

Thanks to Gabrielle for sharing this delightful display celebrating 150 years of Alice in Wonderland.
Here are her comments:
'To celebrate Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland turning 150 this year I put together a display of images illustrating how Alice has been portrayed over that time. I borrowed my daughter’s copy of Robert Sabuda’s gorgeous pop-up edition of Alice, and created a tea-party around it (I even found a little china dormouse to pop out of a teapot!). As always I am also running a colouring-in competition (girls are never too old to colour-in). Over several lunchtimes we screened Disney’s original Alice movie, followed by Tim Burton’s adaptation (guess which one was more popular)'.

No comments: