Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Remembrance Day



























By Sandra Hart

Remembrance Day (11 November) marks the anniversary of the armistice which ended the First World War (1914–18). It is observed in Commonwealth countries to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty since World War I.

Thank you to Sandra Hart, Librarian at John Calvin School, Albany, for these photos of her Remembrance Day Display. Here are Sandra's comments:

'First I would like to say thank you for your great blog. As a part-time solo librarian it can be hard to come up with ideas for displays, your blog has helped me out many times. As a way of saying thanks to you and others who contribute I would like to share some of my displays.

For this Remembrance Day display I made lots of poppies using a pattern from here:

Tissue paper flowers for any occasion

We had received some posters from the Department of Veteran Affairs. I added a copy of the poem Flanders Fields and We shall keep the faith. I then had one of my volunteers look for books on wars - both Non-fiction and novels.

This display was very easy and very cheap but looks great'.

1 comment:

Chief Reader said...

Fabulous display and easy to follow instructions from the link for the poppies. Thanks for the idea!
Joanna