Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Faction: a story rooted in fact


By Elaine Pearson
Faction is described on Wikipedia as a non-fiction novel i.e. 'a literary genre which, broadly speaking, depicts real historical figures and actual events woven together with fictitious allegations and using the storytelling techniques of fiction. The genre is sometimes referred to as or faction, a portmanteau of "fact" and "fiction".'

I was keen to do a display to promote this genre and bring together all those wonderful stories that are based in fact. Students have often told me that they enjoyed a book not only because it was a great story but they felt they learnt something factual by the way.

I drew the tree on brown card, found the books on 'clipart', use my leaves from my old display 'Poet-Tree' and managed to find all the letters in my 'letter-box' except two!
Consequently, the display cost me nothing and took very little time.

No comments: