Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Steampunk






By Gabrielle Karsai

Thanks to Gabrielle who has sent in this gorgeous and inspiring display! I can imagine the fun students had taking photos using the props provided. Here are Gabrielle's comments:

'We had the writer Richard Harland visit the school promoting his latest book Song of the Slums, so I put together this Steampunk display to support his visit.
I spent a weekend trawling through op-shops and recycling centres for bits & pieces that I could then arrange on the hats and vest.
The steampunk figures I found on a costume-hire website and I just enlarged, laminated and carefully cut them out. I made airships by printing them on overhead transparency sheets & hanging with fishing line. To make all the cogs I created a template, traced them onto different coloured board, cut them out & used an inkpad to make them look a bit ‘used and abused’.
I also bought in a box of Photobooth props – moustaches; bowties; glasses & pipes and our students popped on a hat and posed in front of the display. This proved to be incredibly popular'.

No comments: