Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Remembrance Day 2013




                                                

By Barbara Plumb

Thanks to Barbara for sending another great display. Here are her comments:
'The attached photos are my current Remembrance Day Display – I found a lovely roll of old Commonwealth Veterans' Affairs posters and updated them to 2013. Then I printed out some historical photos from Google images (some from World War II and some from the current conflict in Afghanistan).
Add to that a selection of war fiction and some subject relevant non-fiction – plus a few home-made red poppies and I was nearly done.
I chose the poem "In Flander's Field" by John McCrae to provide the focus for the entry into our reading room.
I hope the display provides a little inspiration to our students to read a little about their history'.

No comments: