Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

We moustache you to check out these great books!


By Anne Foster

I love this quirky and humorous display from Anne -  Library Media Assistant at Webber Middle School.
It's a great display promoting a very worthy cause.
Here are the details from Anne:

'Our middle school participates each year in “No Shave November”, where teachers grow beards in support of men’s health research. Students can donate spare change to the teacher they feel has the best beard. The money raised goes to support one of our students who is battling brain cancer.

I created this display after seeing the posters and removable moustache stickers at the Demco website. I then pulled all the books I could find with faces on the front cover. I added the removable stickers and made my display.

We also purchased moustache bookmarks to give to students. At the end of November, we will have a ‘moustache’ dress up day where students can buy self-sticking moustaches and wear them. Proceeds from the sales will also go to support our student in her fight against cancer'.

No comments: