Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Library Week 2009

Go to a Vince Collins Display Workshop if you can - LIANZA organises them. I attended one recently in Palmerston North and it was very inspiring!
In the past I have always kept pretty much to 2D displays, thinking that anything 3D was going to be too time consuming, too complicated or too costly, but Vince showed us several cheap and easy ways to bring displays to life.





















By Elaine Pearson
This year I have decided to use a display board dedicated to promoting the activities we are planning for library week. As you can see, it is a pretty boring board but using one of the ideas from the Display Workshop I was able to draw the students attention to it quite effectively. I bought some ribbon from the $2 shop and cut and stapled the letters on - escape, explore, discover.
Time:10 minutes + Cost: $2 = Not Bad!!

No comments: