Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Roald Dahl






















By Elaine Pearson
One of our English teachers has just finished reading 'Boy' with her year nine class and asked if I could do a display to promote Roald Dahl's other books.
The bad news - We just missed the official Roald Dahl Day on September 13th!
The good news - I found a fantastic site linked to Roald Dahl Day with loads of downloadable pictures, games, fun ideas etc etc - so next year I will be ready to run my own Roald Dahl celebrations!!: Roald Dahl Day


My simple, cheap and quick display used a poster from the Roald Dahl Day site site which I enlarged, cut up and pasted on some lovely bright card. I photocopied the spines of the books we have in our library for Matilda to sit on. I had some balloons but the students popped them - of course!! The URL on the display is to encourage the students to check out Roald Dahl's great interactive website:
Roald Dahl


Boy: Tales of Childhood
(Click on pictures for details)

Going Solo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this site, it has given me so many fresh ideas to make my library more interesting, attractive and student/user friendly. Thank you, thank you thank you!

Elaine said...

Thanks, that's really encouraging, and makes it worthwhile!
Elaine