Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Now Recommending ...

















By Amy Hesterman

Thanks to Amy,(Elementary Librarian, Madison Christian School, Groveport, OH) who sent in this great idea. Here is what she says about her display:

'Trying to mimic "Now Showing" signs from the movie theater, I created these posters to allow students to recommend books to their peers. I used black poster board, yellow circles to mimic light bulbs, quote bubbles for students' statements about the book (just taped onto laminated poster board so the poster can be changed periodically), and a picture of the student holding the book. In the space below, I used a wipe off marker to write the title and author of the book. While these were somewhat time consuming to make, I think they were well worth it and I am happy with how they turned out'.

No comments: