Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Hunger Games






By Andrea Garcia
Andrea Garcia juggles working at the Aldama Elementary School in Los Angeles and at the public library - and she still finds time to do some amazing displays to promote the books from the collections.
She has worked in school libraries for 13 years and in the public library for seven years.

Here are her comments:
'I usually link to a week-long celebration which includes contests open to the whole school. These displays include a music playlist on my ipod to add to the experience. I love adding lights, too. I always say, since the kids don't have the opportunity to go to Disneyland, I try to create my own magic, with no budget, as best I can'.

The idea to link music and lighting to the displays is great and would certainly grab a lot more attention. Thanks for sharing your displays Andrea.



No comments: